Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Neglect

Life is just getting in the way--especially over the recent holidays. My volunteer commitments are slowly ending, and I'm very much looking forward to the 6-12 months of personal space I've promised myself. November --when I was able to just clear up projects that had been started but not finished--demonstrated to me how very much I've been missing the freedom to play and create for my own enjoyment and experience. Already I have a couple of areas and techniques to explore. There are pieces that have been finished for certain exhibits, and at this point, they are all ready to go. The only comitment I have yet to meet is the teaching I've contracted to do in May in Regina. Test classes have been arranged, and hopefully, there will be enough students to make it worthwhile. The first class is just about written, and should be finished this week. The second class is half written, and the rest is in my head, but this test class isn't until March, so I have a bit of time.

The difficult part of all of this is in making the samples for the classes. My hands and wrists just aren't up to the marathon sessions I used to excel at. So pacing of all of the hand work is being carefully scheduled. But this means that I'm not starting any "just for me" projects that require hand work--and potential projects are cluttering up my brain.

No comments: