Monday, January 25, 2010

Test classes

Saturday was the first day of my first test class. Test classes are a "dry run" , an important part of preparation for any serious class. Unforntunately bad weather meant that only three students showed up. Two of those were well experienced, and off and running pretty quickly. the third had never done this sort of thing before, and was, hopefully, more like the students I'll have in May. With so few, the prepared schedule went much more quicklythan I had anticipated, which leadsto a prblem. If I put in a couple of more tasks, the students won't have brought enough fabric. So I either have to figure out how to spread the work a little more, or supply extra fabric for them to play with. Probalby I'll go with a combination of the two. I believe I have some cotton damask tableclothes that I can tear up for use.

Day two is next Saturday, and this is the area where I feel less comfortable-- the design part. But already we've discovered a couple of places where I have to make the written instructions clearer, and there are a few typo's.

Overall, I have to say that it was worthwhile. I was so very apprehensive, but, hopefully, got that out of my system. I know that I slept like a log Saturday night!

No comments: