Sunday, February 21, 2010

Another project


Sorry for having to break this into two posts, but adding pictures always caused me problems.

A couple of weeks ago, my support group-Ravenesque spent some time playing with Lutradur. I also experimented with Tee-Juice markers. I've painted Lutradur in the past and didn't like the texture after it had dried, but these markers are something else entirely. They leave a smooth, and an almost parchment like, finish. I didn't want to waste an inch of the coloured Lutradur, but felt that the trial piece would show best against navy blue. Since I didn't want any shadowing to ruin the effect of the colour, I fused the Lutradur to a second-uncoloured-piece and then cut out my design with an electric needle. I then fused it all to the navy blue cotton. I love this visual image and now have to figure out how I'm going to secure it all together, as the Misty Fuse is not holding it well. Obviously I need to stitch, but I was thinking of silver, and I fear the silver would fray very quickly going through the two layers of Lutradur. This is about 14" square.
On the whole, right now, I would rather play with dye.


No comments: