Wednesday, October 27, 2010

First step

I've been out buying supplies. Stocking up on several things that I feel I just must have to be an artist. (Did you know that Fabricland sells a water soluable stabilizer? Have to try that one!) Then I realized that many of the women at the retreat wore shawls in the evening. So I had to get one of those, since it appears that one needs to wear one to be a successful fibre artist. Mine is cheap man-made fabric, but quite soft and warm. Maybe when I get old(er) I can afford a soft wool one.

All of the clothing and supplies that I took with me have been sorted out, washed and put away. So now I'm ready to work. Wrong!! I have a finishing job to do, and a sewing job for DH. And we need to buy food! But wait--painting class is this afternoon. Life really does get in the way. So I made a list ( Now where have I heard that before?) I wrote down the basics of each idea I've got whirling around in my brain and I'm going to post it on the wall so I don't forget.

One blessing--the "big sale" over the weekend was a washout so I don't have to worry about having enough stock for the sale in November.

No comments: