Wednesday, October 6, 2010

One response

One person would miss me. So much introspection and then the acceptance of the fact that I do this blog for myself--always have. So we carry on.

This year has seen a reduction in my volunteer hours. It often turned out that I was busier outside the studio than in it. There has also been a purposeful reduction in production work. I need time to encourage my creativity, not dull it down in repetitive "donkey" work aimed at selling. This means focussing on learning as much as I can about whatever I want. So I'm taking classes in art. I fell into a wonderful opportunity to take a series of classes in painting with acrylics, from a highly respected local artist, and I've signed up for three separate classes from another equally well-thought of artist, well known for abstract collage work. My first class with him will be this Friday, on "Composition". I'm really excited about it.

No word yet on help with the posting of photos. Our regular "techhie" fellow has been on holidays. We've pretty much made the decision to install PhotoShop Elements on our new desk top computer, but even then, he'll have to show me how to post the photos.

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

Well I for one sure think that you're creative. :) I always felt like I was the weakest link in the group. I wish I had an ounce of yours or Rose Anne's creativity. I seem to be writing my blog for myself too, not that many people read mine anymore but then again, I haven't been quilting much. I've always liked your work Pat.