Thursday, June 16, 2011

Progress

The reading glasses work!  But with them on, and not doing close work, I can't see properly and get dizzy, so off they come whenever I'm moving around. Nuisance!  I had no idea how much of my time is spent in close visual work.  But I finished the machine work on charity quilt number 6, and they are all off to the ladies who do hand finishing.  So now I'm working on Lucifer's Tears.  This has involved discharging with both bleach and discharge paste.  I had wanted to compare the results of both and find that I very much prefer working with the discharge paste.  I have much more control and can do much finer work and there is little chance of bleeding.  Inktense pencils have also been involved, and I was comparing them with Daler Rowney FW Pearlescent black Liquid Acrylic.  Thank Goodness I always use a "doodle cloth" to test this sort of thing, as the acrylic ink turned out to be much more silver than black.  However, the Inktense Pencil, once wet, worked beautifully.  I can't show pictures, as this is for a juried show and must not have been displayed in any way prior to the show dates.

It feels great to be working!  There are even more ideas on the horizon.

1 comment:

Dianne Leatherdale Johnson said...

You sound like you have found your Muse again. Good on ya!
Dianne