Monday, June 20, 2011

Progress

The straight lines are pretty well finished, and I'm quite pleased with them.  My brain is already working on the FMQ'g, and we were off this morning to buy another spool of Sulky Blendable.  Well, one spool turned into 3, and I'm now up to 7 distinctly different colours of thread, including 5 Blendables--all to be used in creating the Flames of Hell in thread painting.  I've not done a lot of thread painting.  I wonder if I should have started with something simpler--DUH!  I've decided to plan it pretty carefully instead of just winging it, as I usually do.  I will sketch out each flame and plan the values before starting to stitch.  There will also be a"doodle cloth" to test out the way the colours work together, before making a final decdison on which to use and where.

The more I work with this, the less pleased I am with the discharging that was done with bleach.  Never again!

No comments: