Sunday, October 23, 2011

Done-sort of

Yes, the FMQ'g is done, the piece has been paintedand the beading is finished.  I had to reduce the amount of beading I had planned by more than half, but it still took 3 1/2--14 hour days to get it all done.  Now I just need to back it and do the facing--which should take most of tomorrow.

But I can't tell you what a horror those 3 1/2 days were. I had a tension headacke most of the time, I wasn't sleeping for worrying about getting the job done, and the house became a dump.  Meals were whatever could be heated quickly from the freezer.

This is for an exhibition for all of November, and then, hopefully, another one next spring, so I can't put up a picture.  The other two pieces are fully finished, sleeve on one, beads and framing on the other.

But I hope I've learned my lesson,and that I never accept a looming deadline.  It is just too hard ont he system, adn on the marriage.

No comments: