Saturday, November 26, 2011

Another surprize

I was at the small gallery today to pick up the other two pieces, that were in the show, and while I was there, another hanging sold. I was stunned, to say the least.  When I got home, I e-mailed my family and friends to tell them of my "happy dance".  A little later I got a short response from a sister, pointing out that both of these pieces have been made within the last 8 months, and questioning whether the two sales indicate that my "sabbatical" has resulted in a renewal of my creativity, given the public response to the results.  Yes, very much so.  I have so many ideas that I can't get them down fast enough.  And each idea builds on the previous ones.  I'm looking, again, at the small "quiltlets, that have received a good response in the past.  These are 12" by 12", original designs, and contain a lot of hand work. they are smaller, as that is the only way I can actually bring a design to fruition, before it is pushed out of my brain by another very valid concept.  There are so many ideas. All of them have to be tried out, even with knowing that not all of them will be worth finishing, but I learn something from every attempt.

I wish I could show some pictures. I took my camera out to the gallery today, but then found that the memory card ( yeah, the large memory-- 252 images--one that I use all of the time) is cracked and useless.  I have a small--10 image--one and will have to dig that one out, but both hangings will have been picked up by their new owners before I can get out again.

No comments: