Tuesday, February 7, 2012

new challenge

Last evening was the monthly get together of my small fibre art group, Ravenesque. We had a guest who brought 59 hats, that came from the estate of an elderly lady. It was explained that this is the beginning of a new community arts program.  The hats are being given to various artists with the instruction that they should do whatever they want to change it, but that the final result should reflect something about the artists's own life. Naturally, just about everyone in the group took at least one hat. Mine is actually a very nice royal blue felt one, styled exactly like the one worn by Walt disney's Pinocchio.  I know this because there is a label inside stating so.  I hope to find some way of transferring the label to the outside, during the transformation.  We have until September to have them finished, but I will work on it as soon as I can.  I hate deadlines.

Otherwise work continues on my little 12" by 12" quiltlets.  I finished one yesterday, but wasn't sure about what I had.  I showed it to the group and got a positive reaction, so I'm very re-assured. The group can be counted on to give and honest critique!  This one included a triple spiral, but is basically a fairly subdued and quiet piece.  I tried to take a picture, but my camera is not behaving and I believe it needs to go for repairs.  I now have about 8 of the little quiltets, and should stop, but I'm still having so much fun!

No comments: