Monday, February 13, 2012

Wonderful eye candy

Today I delivered the Fibre Art Network show, Canadian Content, to the gallery in Neepawa, and hung around to help hang the show.  I had seen this show once before,when it was hung in Narramatta, but this time I was able to see every piece up close and for as long as I had wanted.  This is the only way to really see a fibre art show.  I think that when you walk into a gallery, all of the pieces can result in a visual overload, that can prevent you from really, really looking and seeing.  Since I had to describe many of the techniques involved, to the gallery staff and a passing newspaper reporter, so that they can  communicate the show to vieweres and  readers, I had to take a really good look at the pieces myself.  I learned so much!

Perhaps this is why fibre artists are the biggest fans of fibre art!  You have to understand the compexity of what you are seeing, because the end result of the process often appears as such elegant simplicty

No comments: