Saturday, May 31, 2014

Finished



Here it is, and I am pleased, not because I think it's great art, but because I finally think I'm finding my groove again.

It has been a couple of years since I last attempted a Tyvek piece, and almost as long since I did any serious beading.  This piece also uses hand painted fabric, which was the first fabric painting in almost a year.  The cabochon is a piece of fused glass that I had originally commissioned from a local glass worker, June Derksen, for another piece.  That piece is still around but has suffered some problems and has been re-purposed, to a certain extent.  I'm not really sure how it will end up.  But the cabochon works quite nicely here.  This piece will be mounted and framed in a dark wooden frame-not yet finished.

I am so very glad this turned out so well.

No comments: