Friday, May 16, 2014

Meanwhile--

while all of the dyeing mentioned in the last two posts has been batching, I have been working on a small wall hanging.  My original vision was of a pieced background in burgundy and dark green (very low value difference), with gold hand embroidery on the front.  Well, by the time I had sorted out all of the fabric and played with the colour and value, the piece ended up in peaches and celery.


 And a close-up below which better shows the subtle colour variation in the pieced areas.

There is still a good variety of the fabrics I bought to work with in my original design, and my mind is suggesting that this may be the beginning of a series devoted to spirals and maybe triple spirals.  Although, the spirals in this were a bugger to make and applique.  Still it would be a technical challenge, and I maybe need one of those right now.

No comments: