Monday, April 27, 2015

Disappointment

The piece did not discharge as much as I would have like,and the value differences are too small to really allow the viewer to see the design.  Maybe a bit of paying too much attention to the details and not enough to the overall image.  Of particular concern is one fabric where the some of the raw edge discharged to a brilliant yellow that looks grotesque.   But I will finish it and probably show it.  Right now it is being blocked, but I have all of the finishing pieces ready to go tomorrow morning.

Yes, I'm disappointed.  but I've been disappointed before and will be again.  I take some satisfaction in knowing that disappointment is a part of being willing to take chances.

Otherwise a fairly quiet day.  I attended a Zentangle workshop last week, and spent some time today reviewing what we did , and searching for more patterns on the Internet.  A bit of play.  I have ordered some water colour powder called Brusho from England via Amazon, and plan to try some ATC's using the paint as a basis for some of the Zentangle designs  that I'm finding.  I'm using water colour paper,about 120lb, and it works beautifully.   If I actually get anywhere, I'll post pictures.  This all fits quite nicely in with the sketching classes I've been taking.  Certainly, I feel more confident with my sketching, and the Zetnangles are a fun way to practice.

No comments: