Friday, April 24, 2015

One of those Days

I am desperately working on my piece in hopes of finishing it in time to hang it in a show next Friday.  Yesterday my sewing machine broke, with exactly the same problem I had two weeks ago.  A delay with taking it in, and then setting up the old Pfaff.  The old Pfaff is 13 years old, the Janome only 3, and it spends more time in the shop than I think it should.  My DH agrees but expresses himself in much more comfortable terms.  I use the Pfaff for piecing and the Janome for FMQ'g.  I was just setting up for the FMQ'g on my piece when it broke.  I'm not fond of FMQ'g on the Pfaff. as it forces me to use those colourful terms, just like Hubbie.

But I am persevering.  I am having a terrible time with the thread breaking, and finally realized that the thread was rotten.  I've been using a black cotton, rather than the King Tut, as the King Tut just faded right out against the dark fabric background.  I own a lot of thread, but not a lot of 100% cotton and certainly not in black!  But--I actually found a spool of exactly the same thread and manufacturer!  It appears to be fine, and we're hoping I can get a bit more done on the piece.

I have been reassuring myself that it doesn't matter if I miss the show deadline, as there is another show in June that I could enter.  Today I received e-mail reminding people that the other show requires that the design be based on one of certain quotes about water.  Say what!??  Well, I knew about the water theme, so that fits, but the design, although original, certainly isn't based on any quote.  Damn!!

And throughout the day, every time I sit down at the machine the phone seems to ring.

So here I sit, having a relaxing drink, and trying to chill out.  Not working, so back to the "salt mine".

No comments: