Saturday, February 4, 2017

A "come-by-Chance" Opportunity

Last Saturday, a fibre show being mounted at a small local Gallery, came up short of having enough pieces to fill the walls. A friend and I were asked if we had anything we could add to the show, by Monday.  It was a bit of a scramble, but DH and I drove out to the gallery first thing Monday morning with 8 pieces from both of us.

This is a great opportunity for me to show, and I'm very pleased to have been asked.

Here are my pieces, as they were hung.

The piece on the left is crewel embroider by Kathy Smith.  The middle piece is my Celestial Filigree, which is Acrylic on Cotton, beaded. The piece on the right is my Sunset, which I blogged about a couple of weeks ago.




Above is my piece Flavour of Fall, which is leaf prints on Shibori dyed cotton.  It is also beaded.


This purple piece is modified and painted Tyvek, over which I have beaded.  I call it Plumbing the Depths.

This is a heavily hand embroidered piece that had been hanging on my design wall for years, waiting for me to find enough money to have it framed.  Well, I bit the bullet and turned it into a hanging for this show.  I call it Under the Sea.

And my final piece is my reliquary titled   Fantasy Cottage.

No comments: