The past 3-4 weeks have been a frenzy of charity quilt making. My family have convince me that I need to "de-stash", and this is one way of doing it. I don't mind making simple, more traditional quilts--it can relax me--unless I get into tightly focused min set--which happened. Then I started having problems with the most recent quilt, as I described in my previous post. I resolved the first couple of problems by tearing out and re-sewing. This lead to a fear that I would run out of the beautiful tri-lobal polyester that I was using for my satin stitching. Going on-line to order more, I discovered that it's no longer available. This resulted in a lot of frustration and bad words. I accepted the need to find an alternative, or two, or three, which I finally did, but this meant that there is different thread used in different sections of the quilt. Okay, I can live with that. Then the tension on the machine started to get "wonky", for the first time since I bought it 8 years ago. More bad words, but I persevered and took extra care to check the tension every time I changed the bobbin.
I just knew that as soon as the damn quilt was finished, (and I was close,) I would be taking the machine in for a long overdue general servicing. Suddenly, a loud noise that sounded just like an important piece had broken inside the machine.
I accepted that I was beat by the whole situation. I stopped sewing immediately and got the machine ready to take into my dealer, which we did first thing this morning.
Then my DH and I went for a drive in the country. Probably a very good decision.