Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Sewing again

My machine has finally come home.  It went into the shop when I ran into trouble with a charity quilt that experienced every disaster possible. The whole project was an exercise in frustration, and I was probably glad to have the break, but then became frustrated with not being able to work.

So, yesterday, as soon as the machine got home, I got down to work, and I finished the sucker.  "Tis done!  


It's about 40" square, and my husband thinks it's pretty, but it's not something I would wrap a baby in.  With the tension problems, and all the satin stitch on the back it's just not "cuddly".  But it might make a good "floor" quilt for a baby that's just starting to explore, so I think I'll donate it anyway.  I don't know what I would do with it otherwise, and I just want it gone!

I plan to link this with The Needle and Thread Network.

No comments: