Tuesday, May 29, 2018

A couple of finishes today

First I finished a group of beads I've been working on for the past couple of days.  I painted strips of Tyvek with either Lumiere metallic paint or Dyna-flo fabric paint.  Then two strips,  one of each were rolled tightly around a piece of plastic drinking straw.  This was then "zapped" with a heat gun to melt and contort the Tyvek.  I will probably now wrap them with metallic ribbon for added "zowie".


Once that was done, I finished hand stitching the facing on a small art quiltlet.  I've made a sleeve, but can't decide which looks best--either the first picture, or the second where I've turned upside down.  I know that the test of an abstract painting is that it looks good in any direction, but I need to decide, so that it can be hung.  Any opinions out there?

 #1

#2

3 comments:

Angela said...

The beads are fabulous!

Pat .F in Winnipeg said...

Thank you. Still not sure what I'm going to do with them, though.
Pat F in Winnipeg

Nicole said...

Ditto that, love the beads! And your art quilt looks best with the horizontal line lower down. Option 2 I think it was.