Thursday, May 24, 2018

One of those days--

When whatever can go wrong does go wrong.  But I do have a couple of pictures.  Lately I've been working on a new piece, "Tall Grass Prairie".  I researched the subject and found small publication put out by The Manitoba Naturalist Society, now called Nature Manitoba.  I asked for permission to adapt some of the sketches in the book for thread painting, and received their permission.  I have it all put together, ready for backing and binding but decided that the irregularity in quilting had lead to some tension issues, that needed to be addressed.  I blocked it yesterday, without any success, so am now going to see if more quilting might stabilize it a bit better.  Here it is on my blocking board.
This entire piece was developed from the fabric used in the border.  I saw it at the recent quilt show, and fell in love.  It is Windham Fabrics, Marcia Derse Pattern 43187--"Birch".  Here is a close up.

It doesn't look like much, at first glance, but I can see so much potential in it, that I later contacted the shop where from which I had bought it and ordered more.

In the mean time, while waiting for it to dry, I got the hearts stitched together, and basted ready for quilting.  This makes three pieces ready for quilting, so I have a lot to do over the next while.

No comments: