Friday, June 29, 2018

Back again

Unfortunately, I've been plagued with health issues over the last few weeks, and have spent very little time in the studio.  My DH and I got down there today when I asked him to help me re-organize some threads.  Worked well, but in doing so we found a box of smaller show pieces that we hadn't  seen in 4-5 years.  We went through it, salvaged what beads and buttons we could, and then cut the pieces up. I now have another 5 gallon pail of garbage. But, I did save one piece for myself.  I loved it when I made it, and can now keep it.  We also found quite a few patterns of older pieces.  These will never be used, and I have no idea why I kept them.  Being paper, they are now in the re-cycling bin.

The down side of this, is that the need for more culling has become very obvious.  I really don't imagine that I'll ever use the many, many colours of cotton thread that I've squirreled away.  I'm using Superior threads almost exclusively now, along with some rayon embroidery threads that I find work very well for thread painting.
And beads!  Whatever am I going to do with all the beads?  But I will go through them.  I have many small plastic bags, and can bag them up and off to the thrift store, if no other option comes up.

And having said all this, today I ordered almost $150.00 of thread this morning, off the internet.

No comments: