Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Well, talk about wasting time

Today I was working on a piece for the shows I'm committed to this fall.  Since I was just doing background machine quilting, my mind was free to wander and contemplate that evil little voice in my brain that keeps telling me that my work is crap.  Determined to ignore that voice, I worked on the piece all day, with a suspicion in my mind that it really wasn't working.  I considered various ways I could possibly change it to make it more pleasing, or marketable. None of the possibilities really sounded workable to me, but I carried on, morning, afternoon and evening, until all the machine quilting was done.  Knowing the problems with Frixion pens, (I had marked the piece with them, several months ago,) as soon as it was finished, I ironed it.  Yep, white marks, even though I had tried to keep the marks at a minimum.  Well, now to figure how where I go from here.

No comments: