Saturday, March 16, 2019

Wow-not what I expected

Today I did a demonstration for my LQG.  It was only 10 minutes, but it was simultaneously filmed for projection to the large group in attendance. It went well, although I missed a couple of steps in the technique and had to back-track a bit.  I left right after, and when I got home and relaxed for a few minutes, I was stunned to find myself very, very emotionally upset.  I was beside myself, almost in tears.  This has never happened before.  I have been teaching various aspects of fibre art for over 40 years.  I have no idea what brought this on, and it frightened me to realize what was happening.  I haven't done a lot of teaching in the past couple of years, and wonder if my mind and body is trying to tell me that my days of teaching are ending.  I have to confess that I haven't been getting as much satisfaction our of it lately, and am starting to find it a chore.  Food for thought maybe?

No comments: