Tuesday, November 12, 2019

A tiny bit of heaven

My computer issues remain unresolved, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  The temperamental computer I bought is going back and a new one--an upgrade is on its way.  I should have it by the end of the week.  It means the hassle of setting it up again, but I've been promised professional help with that, so am able to relax a bit.

In the meantime, I got to do some studio work today.  Some of you may know that between art-y projects I have been slowly working on Jen Kingwell's "Long Time Gone" pattern.  This is somewhat of a stress reduction strategy, as it involves very precise piecing of tiny pieces.  The precision needed leaves no room in your brain for thinking about anything but what you are doing. Yesterday and today, I finished 21 churn dash blocks each 3"square, finished.  They had been cut some time ago, and had been hanging around my design wall making a nuisance of themselves.  But now they're done.  Then I decided to start some more imrov piecing.  Since my elderly wrists won't tolerate more than a minimum amount of rotary cutting, I taught  my husband to do the basic cutting.  He has done a lot of my cutting, for years.  He says that this improv stuff is the easiest he's ever done.

So, a few hours of peace and contentment, in a world that has been anything but recently

No comments: