Saturday, November 30, 2019

Life

The old saying "Life is what happens while you are making plans", comes to mind these days.  Various stressors in my life right now, but my computer issues appear to have been resolved.  I'm still missing some of the sites that I had bookmarked on the internet, but that will come with time.  I have the special ones.  My studio has always been my savior when I find myself under stress, but at the same time, my creativity diminishes.  But this time, I'm finding myself putting things together, using the "Mod meets Improv" techniques I learned over the summer.  Not great art, but original work.  None of the pieces is large enough for use on a bed, but that isn't stopping me.  Since these pieces are larger than my usual wall hangings, the issue of quilting has come up.  Do I want to try to quilt them myself, or give up some control to a long-armer?  I was very pleased with the result last time, but the urge to do it myself is always there.  Since I have no long term use for them, I think I'm going to try it with one, and just see how it works out. Nothing ventured, right? But, I have a hunch there is a long-armer in my future

At the same time, I continue to work on the presentation I'm doing for the LQG.  Two of my Fibre Diva friends have loaned me pieces  for the show, and the Power point part of it is now out of my hands.  Now I just have to rehearse my speech, and get it firmly in my mind, while making sure it will only take the 20 minutes I've been allowed.

No comments: