Thursday, January 23, 2020

An intrusion!

Sunday evening, after a very busy day, DH came down to the studio, saying that he was falling asleep in front of the tv, and thought a bit of puttering might help him stay awake.  He fooled around with some picture hangers, in the other end of the basement, and then came right into the studio, and started pulling down the flannel wall.  I had casually mentioned that the flannel was getting dirty and we would have to take it down and wash it. Say What!! When did I agree to that?? I was in the middle of sewing pieces for a project, so had to quickly clear that up and get involved.  

We found the flannel torn and a little rotten.  Not surprising considering that it's probably been up there for ten years.  So we've been busy since then buying new flannel, finding and buying wooden slats, as I had asked that the sides of the flannel be held in place as well as the top and bottom.

Today, the final part was mounted and the wooden slats screwed down over it.  I've been spending time arranging things to my satisfaction, and have put up the three pieces I'm currently working on.  The Moon quilt I've already talked about.  The cats are for a very different purpose, and will hopefully be sold at the yearly craft sale next December.  I've been working on it, more off than on, for the last two years, carefully beading every pearl-like part of the design.  It has been far more a piece to take along to stitching days, than any piece of "fine craft", and I'll be glad to see the end of it.  I think I've also talked about the orange and black discharged flowers, which will be put together as a long hanging or table  runner.





The Moon Quilt and table runner will benefit from the black batting I recently bought, as it was purchased for just that use.  Now maybe I can get back to that piecing that was so abruptly interrupted.

No comments: