Sunday, January 12, 2020

Something new

Over the past little while, there have been ideas in my brain.  Not necessarily new ideas, but maybe a re-visit of older ideas.  Pleased to have ideas of my own, I've given myself permission to play a bit and explore those thoughts.

This is one of them.  I started quilting it with the idea that it might possibly be useful in the gallery show I'm exhibiting in come May.  But I soon realized that the necessary skill may not be in this, and I decided to just make it an exercise in FMQ'g.  But this gave me permission to play with it and explore options.  So that is what I'm doing.


I think it was a poor effort from the beginning. The discharging was too complex, and the first thread choice, in the quilting, that echoed the swirls of the discharging, was poor.  It would have been much better if I had done a lot more discharging, giving me extra fabric  for stitching samples, before I started on the piece. But I will persevere.  I may be able to salvage something out of it.

No comments: