Friday, May 15, 2020

Do something, doesn't matter what but do something!

Creativity has left the building.  Actually it left quite awhile ago, but I refused to notice.  But I know that if I don't do something, even if it is just fondling fabric, creativity will never come back.  So, my back up plan is to make charity quilts from my scraps.

The first one made is not great.  It might not even be good enough for a charity quilt.  I'll have to think about that.  But the second one was put together today, and put up on the design wall, while I considered backing and binding.  But looking at it, I wondered if maybe it was a basic start to an exhibition piece.  As it sits it is 33" by 43 ".



I know that the borders out weigh the center, and I would have to do some trimming to make the piece feasible, but I wonder what else I might have to do.  I'm also thinking about how to quilt the piece.  Actually, I'm getting excited about it.  Now--where do I go next?

No comments: