Sunday, June 7, 2020


I'm taking a bit of a break from the intense sketchbook work, so 
the last three days I've spent some time keeping  busy making book marks for the Gift shop in Selkirk, which will be re-opening at the end of the month. The decision had been made to completely remove what is there and replace it with new stock.  Some book marks had been put aside to this, but I realized that they look exactly the same as the ones I would be taking out, so I had to start anew.  There is also a perceived need to reduce my sale price. In my many purges, much of my junk box had gone, so there wasn't much to work with, and the paint got away from me, so some of the colours are too similar.

These are the ones that have actually been finished.  I say that while thinking that, even though I want to reduce production costs, in the back of my mind, I would be happier if I was able to stitch around the edge of each of them.


These are in progress, but may just need their tassels.

These all have a way to go.  There are 7 more being dried in the book, below.

Some of them have caused a lot of difficulty when I tried to punch the hole for the tassel, and I had to get  David's help.  This has given me pause to think that a different way to reduce production costs, might be by using a whole different method of creating the basic form I use.  But, there is also a tiny thought forming that maybe it's time to stop making them, as they aren't generally profitable.  However, I'm not purchasing any new supplies for them, so, as long as I'm using supplies  have on hand, I can ignore the issue.


No comments: