Sunday, May 23, 2021

Busy staying at home

 I haven't been out of the house since last Wednesday, and won't be going out today.  This. of course, means studio time.  But I'm finding my tolerance and endurance is not what it was pre-Covid.  I can manage about 1 1/2 hours at a stretch, and then need about an hour of down time before starting again.  That second stretch is even shorter.  But I'm in my studio and that's what counts.  Here is what I'm up to.

This first picture is of three painted fabrics that are planned for my next art piece.  It will be very similar to the last art piece, and I'll exhibit them as a pair.


Here are the two solid fabrics I plan to add, as I need more variety as well as more yardage for the piece planned.



Here is the charity quilt that I completed this morning.  It is about 36" square, and the individual squares were cut 8" square, before piecing.  All of the individual squares are improvisationally pieced from scraps.


There is another charity quilt in the works.  I pieced the center section with scraps, this morning, and only need to add borders, before sandwiching it, for machine quilting.

And here is the one I both started and got to the stage of being sandwiched, ready for machine quilting--today. It is slightly smaller, about 31" by 36".  I guess I have to confess that some, but not all, of the strip piecing was done and in my scrap box before I started.



No comments: