Saturday, May 22, 2021

No new pictures, but progress none-the-less

 The past year and a bit has been a very emotional time for most people. Creatively, I was preparing for my scheduled show this month.  The pieces, that had been prepared for the show scheduled for May 2020, were sent to other shows during the too brief summer of 2020, when things were somewhat open in this area. After the May 2021 show was taken down so prematurely, I was physically and emotionally exhausted and took a few days to pull myself together.  That may sound like an exaggeration of what was going on, but statistics on current levels of mental health issues are staggering.  I am not alone in my feelings.

This last week I took action.  The charity quilts that have accumulated over the past year were taken to the appropriate donation site.  There, I was given supplies to make even more quilts, and have started to do so. I'm purposefully making them somewhat challenging and not just mindless "donkey work".  I'm having fun.  The batting I was given is one I have wanted to try and I find that I love it.  I have a hunch it is quite expensive, and may only come in pre-packaged lengths, rather than by the meter.  It may well be out of my price range.  But if anyone wants to experiment with Quilters Dream batting, it has my vote.

I apologize for not posting a picture of the quilt I recently had returned from the long-armer ( Geesje Barron at Conundrum Quilts, if you're interested)  I had thought I had a picture of it in my files, but it appears that it was lost when my computer crashed and had to be replaced, just over a year ago.  I promise to be more careful, and post pictures of each charity quilt as it's finished.

No comments: