Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Halleluia!

I actually managed to get into my blog. I don't know what Google has been doing to me lately, but this is the first time I've been able to get in in almost a month! I have to tell you that Tree of Peace is safely home! I was worried, but it arrived a few days after my last post. Since then I have been working my little fingers to the bone on Sunprints! What fun! I use Seta-Color paint and leaves out of my garden. I've tried it in several different colour combinations and have made so many that I've just about run out of paint! I'm making them up into small quilted hangings and a few smaller ones are matted ready for framing. I plan to offer them for sale in Pinawa in late July. I also plan to make a few applique landscapes and have those framed ready for sale as well. I have greeting cards with applique landscapes, and they look really good, so I'm hoping that the slightly larger matted ones do well. I'm making them in common sizes so that frames will be readily available. Some are 8" by 10, and others 11" by 14". I've invested a lot in this sale--if I don't do well, I know what the family will be getting for Christmas! Wish me luck!

Once I have enough stock for the sale I have to get busy and get ready for my new Grandbaby, who will be here in November. I made quite a few things for my DD's first child and I don't want to have any less for the second one. The family has an antique swinging cradle that we completely refurbished when little Jessica came, but I don't think we want to do that again. We had a terrible fight with the upholsterer who made the little mattress. That little mattress will have to do for at least this generation!

Enough for now. I'll try again tomorrow and see if I can get in again.

No comments: