Saturday, June 30, 2007

still looking...

for my muse. One of the books I got has some wonderful ideas for using paint on textiles. A lot of the ideas involve rubber stamps, but I have quite a few of my own stamps for this just might work. I've tidied up my studio, and then spent the afternoon putting together some greeting cards. It's mindless work and they seem to sell well. Next I'm thinking of digging out my file of "Fast Friday" Challenges. I've only done 2 out of the nine but maybe if I give some of the others a try, my "artist/child" may come out of hiding. I also spent a fair bit of time today sorting through some painting and dyeing that I did a couple fo years ago. I found some mono-prints and some shaving cream prints that I plan to experiment with. I don't think any of them is great art,but they are certainly good enough to fool around with. So I'm off on a journey of discovery, after having given myself permission to relax and enjoy the ride, without any worries about the final destination.

No comments: