Friday, May 21, 2010

exploring techniques

I borrowed a book by Sherrilyn Kahn that is full of techniques. Now I want the book but can't wait until I can afford it, so have been working my way through the techniques. Learned a few things that I swear I will never touch again, and a couple that look promising. I can't seem to settle to any one task, so have decided to explore the Beryl Taylor suggestion of creating a stash of bits and bobbles to use in collages. This has led to me finishing a collage I started a couple of years ago when I took a collage workshop. The workshop piece was awful and I told the instructor that I planned to paint the whole thing black! But instead, over the past couple of years, I've been working away at it. Layers of gesso and walnut ink and watercolour paper etc. Now I've added some painted make-up wipes, from the Kahn book, and I think it's finally finished. Very different from anything I've ever done before, but maybe something to pursue.

No comments: