Monday, May 3, 2010

First Sale done!

The first big one of the season. This is the third time I've participated in this sale, and I did as well as before. Enough to make me consider going back, but certainly not enough to retire. Two things helped--I sold one big piece, and I was able to accept credit cards, by processing them through the Crafts Musem. The Crafts Musem will take a 20% commission on the sale, but this is still better than loosing the sale. The small colourful purses attracted a lot of attention, and most of them sold. The next craft sale--as opposed to art sale--isn't until the end of July, so I have time to make a few more. I had some journals, and they attracted youg girls, but only one of them sold. That fad is over! Now there is a one-day art sale in two weeks, then nothing until mid-July.
To try to get over my creative blosk, I decided to try Morning Pages again. It seems to be working. I have several ideas, and now need to spend the next couple of days getting them down on paper.

No comments: