Sunday, May 9, 2010

Government--Argh-h-h!

After a few years of avoiding the priviliege of collectign retail sales tax during my sales, I finally "bit the bullet" last November, and registered. I collected the tax atthe sale in November, and again at the sales in lat April and May1-2. Then this week I found out that the government had decided that it was no longer necessary for any business with gross income of less than $10,000 to collect. Now, neither can we take advantage of being able to purchase goods without paying the tax, but this isn't something I've been doing. So having finally finished filling out overwheming government forms, I have to start all over again, in order to reverse the whole process.

However, I'm finally working on my Rock Face piece. The idea has been developing over the past 3 years. I've collected pictures and fabric, I've had one picture enlarged and I've drafted a pattern. I dyed fabric, and created a vinyl overlay to use during the piecing process. But now I'm actually cutting and fusing fabric.

Yesterday I took a workshop on photgraphing two dimensional art work. The lessons I learned were that lighting is everything, to use my "point and shoot" in manual, and to use a tripod. So I plan to practise while I'm working on the "Rock Face" piece, and see if I can document the process.

Even more exciting, my creative muse appears to be coming back to life. I have ideas for two new boxes, but need to get them onto paper. Exciting times!

No comments: