Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fusible web

Problem solved.  I was in Fabricland to buy something else and found the remains of a bolt of paper-backed fusible web.  A very old and decrepit piece of fusible web.  So I asked if they had any more, and she found a bolt in the back for me.  It had been opened( no plastic protective covering) but there were still 22m, and at half price, I bought them all.  I may never have to buy it again, but then I've been through more than two full bolts over the past 4 years, so who knows.  What I had been looking for was the spray adhesive for basting quilts.  In Fargo, I can buy a big can for about $10.00.  Here I found a small can for $25.98.  It's almost worth the trip.

Two of the three charity quilt tops are done.  In finishing the second one ( trimming and squaring up blocks) I realized that I had a whole pile of narrow strips of good quality fabric.  I've actually taught a class on using this sort of scrap, so why was I about to throw these out?  ( And what happened to the same sort of scrap when I finished the smaller top?)  So later today, after I finish a small clothing construction job, I plan to play with these scraps and see if I can come up with a saleable product for the "big sale" next weekend.  I have an idea, but had been toying with the idea of using narrow scraps of fabric paper.  Hm-m-m?  Looks like an interesting day.  And it also looks like the muse really has come out of hibernation.

No comments: