Saturday, December 31, 2011

Nice threads!

Yes, I found a lot of thread to try for hand quilting, and embellishment.  I found silk perle in both #8 and #12, in solid colours, but I'm really more interested in working with variegated colours.  So, I had to go with cotton perle, and I found a lot of it in quite a variety of colour families--not that I could afford to buy them all!!  But, I could afford to buy enough that I was eligible for a free gift--a very nice and well-sized metal needlecase.  While the silk is a dream to work with, the final result is a very "soft in the hand" piece of work.  The cotton will produce a sturdier piece.  Of course, my other option is to try to dye the silk into the variegated colours I want.
On Monday, my Ravenesque fibre art group is coming for the day, and as hostess, it won't be a good day for getting any serious work done.  No matter how much I want to play with my threads, I'll have to execise some self control until later in the week.

No comments: