Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Oh my gosh!

I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted.  Not that I've been that busy.  Currently I'm working on the second piece of my Milky Way series. A friend sent me a phenomenal photo of the Milky Way taken in Africa where ambient light is at a minimum, and it gave me pause to reconsider parts of the design.  But the end result is whole big bunch of fairly intense hand beading.  I have been spending as much time working on it as my hands will allow, but also making sure that I do one line of stitching per day on my next little 12" by 12".  This one is mainly play, as I don't expect that it will end up as a marketable piece, but the cloours really appeal to me.  Unfortunately, I'm using a Sulky Blendable to hand quilt it, and while this is appropriate to the design, it's blending in so well that photos are useless.

I did find some more of the twisted silk thread, locally, that I used in the textures piece--and it's in colour which is a bonus.  Something to play with over the next little while.  Tomorrow DH is taking me to a needlework shop that is about 2 1/2 hours away, to see if we can find a variegated thread that is firm enough to create contours in hand quilting-- probably something like a #12 perle cotton.  This is more of an excuse to get away than a necessity, as I think the #12 Sulky Blendable may just do the trick nicely.  But tomorrow is also our 46th wedding anniversary, so a trip away together is quite appropriate.

No comments: