Monday, November 18, 2013

Charity quilts

I prepared 24 blocks for one quilt and 20 for another.  I had the sashing fabric ready to go, and settled down to square off the set of 24.  Half of them were wrong, and had to be re-done.  What a disappointment.  This is not me!  over the years I have gained a reputation for the quality of my technical work, and it sure wasn't here in this set of blocks.  They needed to be taken apart and re-stitched.  Ar-g-g-g-h!  However, the job was done,-- with the help of my husband, who is one of the best "reverse stitcher" that I know.

I have been exploring blogs and found a very inspiring art quilter.  Her name is Rhianon and she lives in Scotland. (www.rhianontaylor.blogspot.ca ) This ladies work is phenomenal, and from what I see she is very, very productive. Hr feathers are particularly interesting, as she echoes several times and uses bright and different threads for each echo. I notice that she also appears to use hand-dyed fabric, which is something I have liked in the work of Diane Gaudynski.
so, once these charity quits are tucked away, it will be time to audition my hand dyes, or maybe make some more!

No comments: