Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I sense a muse in the building

I came to the realization that caffeine had crept back into my life, and quickly put a stop to it.  I have much more energy, and there are even some creative thoughts creeping into my brain.  The first charity quilt top is all put together, neatly folded up and put away for later.  The other set of squares is neatly put into a storage box for later.  I found out yesterday, that my conduit to my quilt charity is backing off for awhile.  She didn't go into details, but it means that there will be no call for quilts for several months.  Well, on the whole, I would rather be playing with my FMQ'g.

I have been spending time on the internet looking at various blogs containing good quality FMQ'g.  I have several ideas I want to try, and have chosen three different hand dyes to work with,  and selected, at least, 5 different threads to use with each.  I know that I'll have to spend some time warming up before starting on any important piece--who am I kidding--I'll have to do a lot of practicing before starting anything important.  It's been months since I actually did much in the way of FMQ'g!!  This will even give me an excuse to do more dyeing!