Thursday, December 18, 2014

Slowly getting there

A busy time of year but I can still find a few minutes here and there to work in the studio.  I guess that I'm truly blessed with having a studio area that I can leave, and come back to, without having to put anything away ( although I do try to tidy up a bit before I leave).  Here is my "Controlling the Pain" piece with about half of the red pieces sewn down.

And here it is with all of the red sewn down and all of the grey sewn down, as well as all of the basting removed ( and wasn't that a bit of a PITA!).  The white background is already quilted, but there are a couple of narrow borders to add.  I plan to do some hand embroidery-mainly tiny, black arrows of pain coming out of the top of each Prairie Point.  (and  weren't those little buggers a PITA to sew in, as they had a straight edge that I was trying to cover with a curved edge.  They kept moving around on me, even when I was trying to hold onto them with a stiletto.)  I managed to finish with 2 left over from the original 126.  Good planning? No-- just darn good luck!

What about the hexies?  Three hundred and counting.   My goal is 350.  I've already started to look for thread to sew them together and then quilt with.  I'm still trying to figure out the most efficient way of sewing them together.


No comments: