Thursday, January 22, 2015

Finding the Calm in chaos

Yesterday was that traumatic day that comes 2-3 times a year, when my sewing machine goes into the shop.  The emotional stress that is associated with the process of making sure that now specialty attachment is left on the machine etc, and then driving across the city, and leaving the poor thing behind, for who knows how long.  Probably longer than I think because my DH told the fellow that he thought the machine was a "lemon".  OMG!

So home to the temporary studio which, is after all, just a small bedroom.  I can't believe how much stuff we have actually got into that room!  And with machine bits and pieces scattered allover and pieces of dyed fabric on top of that, it was truly chaos.

It is somewhat tidied up now, and I'm left with the problem of what to do with myself while I wait for Baby to come home. Well,  my Dear Sister (DS), who is my companion hexie maker, and I have been talking about making draw string bags.  Not necessarily out of hexies, but that's the direction my brain is moving.  At the same time, the fibre art group I spent last Saturday with, issued a challenge requiring that we actually make something out of the the altered fabric we made that day.  I can use that to test the pattern I will develop for a bag made out of the hexies.  This should work well as my Pfaff, which is now set up in the small studio, does a great job of piecing and general construction,

Again, no pictures.  I expect it will be al least another week before  we are able to set up the newer computer--the one that will allow me to post pictures to the blog.

No comments: