Friday, January 16, 2015

Update

Constraint is finished.  This is another one that will probably never be shown.  I certainly like it and see it as a soft, gentle piece that makes me feel good.  The hexies continue to go together.  I have my width, and am now working on squaring up the piece.

I have started another, larger piece.  My studio is overflowing with hand dyed fabric, so I decided to make a scrap quilt and donate it to charity.  My plan involved a center panel, and four border panels, to be put together using Sharon Pedersen's reversible quilt process.  I got the center panel put together and showed it to a group of friends.  The ladies got quite excited and expressed that they thought it was something special, and I should pursue it as a fibre art piece.  The next day I showed it to another friend, with more experience in fibre art who felt quite strongly that I should keep it as a piece in itself, even if I then made a separate center panel for the donation quilt.  So I have bought fabric to make the donation quilt separately, and have started quilting the original piece.  Tomorrow there is a meeting of my fibre art support group,and I'm planning to take it there for even more experienced opinions.

So why no pictures?  Our principal computer as crashed and is off to the repair shop for a couple of weeks,  Since it is still on warrantee, we don't mind waiting for it to go to Toronto for repair at minimal cost.  I am now trying to use a very old laptop--one that won't process the pictures in a way that I can access them for attachment.  The pictures will continue to accumulate in my camera and when the other computer comes home, I'll be making a huge picture post.

1 comment:

LA Paylor said...

A charity quilt with your hand dyes.
I totally hoard hand dyes and barely allow myself to use them, even my own. What's wrong with me!! (rhetorical question, don't even try to figure that one out!)
LeeAnna having fun discovering your blog