Sunday, January 18, 2015

Fun---sort of

Next Sunday is the meeting of my ATC trading group.  Most of these ladies are quite accomplished artists, and I'm not sure what they make of me and my fibre.  The cards that I make for the trades  tend to lean more toward mixed media than fibre.  This months theme is "Romance"----not one of my strengths, and I've been bothered all month with trying to find a design. Any design!  LOL

 But recently, in a book, there was reference to Robert Burns poem "Red, Red Rose".  I found it on the internet and manipulated it until it would fit on a card and still be legible.  How to get \a rose on a card??  Well I found an image of a red rose, that was the right size, and printed it .  Now,if I could remember how to load the image into PSE, I could have done that and reduced it to a line drawing and then printed it on the cards.  But I'm not that smart.  so, using tracing paper, I produced a line drawing--12 times--and painted it with acrylics.   Then tore it out to produce a feathered edge, and attached it to the reverse side of the cards on which the poem was printed, with gel medium.  It took all afternoon,but i think I have 11 cards that will be suitable to take to the trade.  These aren't great cards,but, at least,  I have something. And, unless I'm mistaken the meeting is actually taking place on Robbie Burns Day, so they are even more appropriate.

Next months theme, I'm ready for.  It is recycling.  I have cut up a green quilt that didn't work, and with a few beads, should have something worthy of a fibre artist.

1 comment:

LA Paylor said...

I like the more basic hands on approach to making the roses. The energy you put it will show, more than something printed out. LeeAnna