Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Surprise in the mail today

The book I had ordered from England arrived--Karen McTavish's "Mastering the Art of McTavishing"  2nd edition.  I had seen so very many variations of the technique  that I wanted to get the info "straight from the horse's mouth", so to speak.  I had been told that the book was out of print, but both the first and 2nd edition are available on Amazon--both new and used. ( The used for up to $600.00, but the new for about $35.00Cdn) 

I can understand the many variations, out there, as she actively encourages readers to work with the technique and make it their own.  A refreshing attitude.  The book included two dvd's, the one that accompanied the first edition and a re-done one for the 2nd edition.  There was an obvious difference in production quality, but more interesting, obvious growth and change in her methods over the years, ( to say nothing about her changing hairstyles and body art).  I have seen several of her U-Tube videos, and have been distressed by the poor production quality, but the dvd's I received today were great.

Of course, I had to sit down and try it.  I first saw the technique done during Leah Day's first FMQ'g workshop on Craftsy, but having now seen the real thing, in several versions, I'm finding it much more appealing and plan to use it,--once I develop the necessary skill in producing it in several different scaled sizes.

No comments: