Sunday, July 3, 2016

Cleaning Ritual

Having finished a piece, I have a ritual of tidying the studio.  I'm a messy worker, so this is also a very necessary step.  Because we're in the middle of renovations, there was also a lot of extraneous stuff in the room.  I was clearing out a pile of project boxes and came across a loose pile of 33-1" hexies, cut, but not yet basted.  I also found two boxes of already basted 1" hexies, so decided to baste the last few and put them in with the others according to colour groups.


Imagine my surprise when I realized that, the ones I basted to cardstock today, weren't compatible with the ones in the boxes, which had been made by the circle method with no cardstock involved! The cardstock ones are just a "smidge" over 1" and the circle-based one just a "smidge" under.  
        I guess I'll have to figure out something else to do with them, maybe a new draw-string bag for my Rune stones?

No comments: