Sunday, July 3, 2016

Derailed Intent--finished!





This is a relatively small piece-only 19" by 21".  I loved the way the mandala came out of the dye bath, but have been having difficulty figuring out how to quilt any of the ones I've made.  I decided that this would be a good size to experiment with.  It is faced rather than bound, and will fit my new hanging systems quite nicely.  The title comes from the fact that the finished piece/design is not at all what I had planned, or expected, it to be.
While working on the quilting, I decided that the centre portion needed something more, and decided to bead it in a "sunburst " configuration.  Now, having seen it in the photo, I'm thinking that I need something in the very middle.  Not sure what that may be but I'm leaning toward a group of maybe three larger blue beads, as are around the edge of the sunburst.  The marking lines are obviously a problem, but aren't nearly as prominent as they appear in the photo.  I'll know to use a different method, if I do another.


I plan to link this with The Needle and Thread Network 

2 comments:

Annette Schultz said...

looking pretty cool..... like it a lot ... in stitches

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

So neat!!!!!