Saturday, March 25, 2017

Bitten off More Than I can chew??

Three weeks ago, I taught a Beading workshop, and at one point, wanted to demonstrate some encrusted beading.  This was in order to show how the techniques they were learning could be used in such a project. I purposely made up a project, and a couple of days ago, I decided to finish it.  Well......

I'm not sure if I'll have to time to finish the beading this lifetime, let alone going any further.  I haven't a clue how it will be finally finished, as its becoming so heavy that I can't imagine it holding up as a hanging.  Nor can I imagine a pillow being the least bit useful with this much beading.  

But...I love hand beading, I have lots ( more than lots) of beads, and have lots of time on my hands.  As well, I find my mind working in creative ways, visualizing other projects, while I'm working.  So I'll probably persevere.

Here it is--so far.  The beading is about 1/3 done.  The cabochons are hand made fused glass, created by June Derksen, and the whole project is planned around them.  This is also the first project in which I've incorporated the machine embellishment techniques that I learned in the Craftsy classes I took recently.



I plan to link this with Nina-Marie Sayre's Off the Wall Fridays, and The Needle and Thread Network.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is really pretty. Love what you're using to stretch the fabric. What's it called and where do you find it?

Angela said...

Love the beading!