Saturday, March 11, 2017

Clutching at straws

In the evening, if I'm too tired for studio work, ( and sometimes when I just feel like it), I play poker on the internet ( Play money only!).  Last evening, I was playing, but had a scratch pad next to me, and a pen.  I was jotting down random ideas, and two appeared worth pursuing.  One of them will take a lot more thought, but the other I started today.  It's not "great art", but it is interesting. (It will probably end up rolled up in a chest in the basement and never exhibited publicly--we'll see) It's inspired by something said at my fibre art support group earlier this week. One of the ladies is working on a project that gets, at least some, of its inspiration through having people give her three words, that are meaningful in some way to the people providing them. One of these prompts was the three words " fragile, fragmented and fractured".  I've just about done all of the pattern drafting, and some of the cutting, and will post a picture sometime this coming week.

No comments: